Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One Week Old


On November 15, Maddy turned one week old. Here she is all decked out and ready to hit the town. We were out for about six hours at the Fort Worth Diocesan Convention (a historic moment you may read about on my husband's blog) and I have to say that for Mommy, it was a real challenge. But as each day passes, things are starting to fall into place and, thankfully, getting easier. As far as pediatrician visits go, Maddy has been doing well. She lost a little weight, but has been steadily gaining about an ounce a day. She went from 9 lbs 1.5 oz to 8 lbs 3 oz the first few days. This Monday she weighed 8 lbs 14 oz. Mommy was very relieved.

I've been breastfeeding little Maddy and sometimes I have some trouble with her slipping down on my nipple which in turn makes mommy's nipples very sore. We have an appointment with a lactation consultant tomorrow to work on that problem. So wish us luck. In the meantime, baskets of kisses to you.

2 comments:

The Whimsical Goblin said...

She's super cute :) Congrats on the new little one Melisa. Little ones are so precious. I have 4. Never a dull moment.

dopel said...

She is just so beautiful. I can see both Tim and Melisa in her. I think she got best features of both. The sore nipples really takes me back. It gets better.