Thursday, June 5, 2008

16 Week Sonogram





This series of pictures is from my visit with the perinatologist. The sonogram equipment is more sophisticated than what they use at my regular OB. Thank goodness too, because I could see so much more of our baby. The baby was very active and was giving the tech some trouble. I couldn't help but giggle because the baby was spinning around and kicking and flexing tiny arms and legs. It's just amazing that all of that is going on in my tummy. The sonogram tech noted that everything looked good, the baby is 5 inches long, heart rate was 157 bpm and best of all we found out we are having a baby girl. "You see those three white lines," she said as she pointed to the monitor, "that's a vagina." Well, you can't be more clear than that, but I was under the impression that the sex of the baby was more noticeable around twenty weeks. I asked her to give me a number as to how certain she was. "95%, " she smiled. I was convinced. As Tim noted, we are going to have a "little princess." As far as names go, Tim and I really like Madeline or Maddy for short. However, the cool thing is we still have five months to go before anything is set in stone, but I must admit that when I talk to my baby, I am now calling her Maddy. For example, "did that avocado taste good Maddy?" or "I don't know about you Maddy, but I'm ready for a nap."

4 comments:

dopel said...

I like that name also. The girl's name we had picked out if Tim had been a girl was Rachael Elizabeth--I still like that. But I think Maddy is just adorable. Have you thought of a middle name? I am looking forward to holding our little princess

Coppermouse Dolls said...

We are still open for any suggestions. In fact, I was hoping for some. And like I mentioned, Madeline is just a working name. At least I am no longer calling the baby Ziggy. I figured that I better stop doing that or the child just may wind up being called Ziggy. That's not a very nice name for a little princess. :)

mel_n_e13 said...

This is so weird! My 5 year old daughters name is Madelyn and my 9 month old sons name is Matkin!

mel_n_e13 said...

This is a very strange post I ae across! My 5 year ols Daughters name is Madelyn Jane and my 9 month old sons name is Matkin Luke! Awesome to find a page with both names on it! I thought I was the only person to name their child Matkin :)