Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update: 17 weeks pregnant

Yesterday, I visited my OB. Maddy's heart rate is normal and Mommy's blood pressure was good too. I've lost a pound which is OK. Weight is something I have to be very careful about since I am overweight. I weigh less now than I did before I became pregnant. Weird, huh?

My OB wants to wait until after I have Maddy to remove the 10 cm ovarian cyst on my right ovary. He added that I will lose my right ovary too. (I am curious to see what the perinatologist has to say when I see him on the 25th of this month.) It was a relief to hear that the cyst removal surgery will not interfere with breastfeeding. My goal is to breastfeed Maddy for at least one year.

Today I began cleaning out one of the spare bedrooms which has been a sort of catch-all for clutter. Ugh! It is very daunting and is difficult to clear out because I have been having pain in my groin now for two weeks. I have to keep taking little breaks and it all seems to be taking forever. Eventually, I took a nap. Sleeping is very elusive due to my ever shrinking bladder. It seems I wake up at least every two hours to go tinkle.

I sewed for two hours on a crib quilt for Maddy. Tomorrow I hope to have it finished. It is a "Winnie the Pooh" quilt panel I found at Hobby Lobby yesterday. When it's completed, I'll post a picture.

It is amazing to me that I am now 17 weeks pregnant. Overall, I think things are going really well. I am nervous though about the third trimester, because I am already having so much trouble sleeping and I know that it only gets more and more elusive as time goes by. But hey, it'll all be worth it when Tim and I get to finally hold Maddy.

No comments: